Internet Safety and Security
The Internet has often been compared to the Wild West, made dangerous by fortune-seekers, scammers, and con artists. Its anonymous nature makes it easy for criminals to prey on unsuspecting Internet users. But there are things you can do to make it harder for Internet crooks to get at your data and compromise your safety.
In this two-hour training class, we’ll show you how to use the Internet safely and the steps you can take to help keep your property and your information out of the hands of cyber-criminals.
Who Should Take This Class:
- Any real estate professional who uses the Internet
Skill Level: This class is for all skill levels.
Technical Requirements: This class will be offered live over the Internet. In order to participate, you must have a computer with:
- A high speed Internet connection
- A headset or microphone connected to your computer OR a telephone near your computer (so you can hear and talk to your instruction and your classmates)
What You’ll Learn:
- Learn about the different kinds of Internet threats, including phishing, malware, spam
- Learn how to select, install, and configure anti-virus software to protect yourself from the major threats
- Learn how to set your home wireless connection to keep unwanted users out
- Learn how to create backup procedures to protect your most important data
- Learn how to manage and remember all your passwords!
How This Class is Different: This will not be like any “webinar” you may have attended in the past: no boring speaker, no struggling to stay away! This will be an interactive training seminar led by an experienced training and development specialist. Be prepared to ask questions and to participate fully.
Dates and Times:
Class Price: $99